A joint GBM and IBM offering for enterprise organizations to consult, build, operate, and optimize their on-premise Security Operations Centers.
Why do enterprises need a SOC?
Building an enterprise Security Operations Center (SOC) is an effective path to proactively identify, monitor and manage security risks. An enterprise SOC encompasses the people, processes and technologies that handle information technology threat monitoring, forensic investigation, incident management and security reporting.
A SOC helps organizations to:
- Have visibility of their Security Posture
- Detect threats and malicious behaviours
- Identify and manage threats and risks
- Detect and prevent breaches and security incidents
Most organizations in the GCC prefer to build up their SOC in their own premises for several reasons including mainly:
- Raising concerns on Data Privacy and confidentiality
- Complying with local regulations
- Operational control and efficiency
Elements of a SOC
An enterprise SOC functions as a team of skilled people operating under defined processes and supported by integrated security intelligence technologies that are typically housed within customer premises. The SOC typically consists of the following areas:
- Skilled People for defined processes
equipped with in-depth knowledge of the
intelligence technologies that are housed
within one or several on-premise facilities.
- Processes that are designed specifically
considering the technology hosted in the
organization to assist ensuring that both
Technology & People behave appropriately.
- The right Technology with the precise expert
implementation, which can effectively and
optimally identify the threat landscape.
- Adequate controls in place for the Governance
of the operation to ensure adherence to best
practices and continual improvement.
GBM and IBM have designed a more competitive joint approach that delivers to GCC organizations the best value by maximizing the strengths of each company. The engagement is mainly divided into four phases.
Phase 1. IBM to Assess the customer’s requirement and Design the solution based on the industry’s standards and best practices
- SOC Strategy Development
- SOC Technical Architecture
- Development of Processes
- SOC Organization Plan with RACI
- SOC Metrics and Analytics's Definition
Phase 2. GBM will Build the solution and Implement the IBM’s strategy document
- Supply of Infrastructure and Security Technology
- Implementation of Technology and Processes
- Simulation and Testing of SOC Practices
- Training and Knowledge Transfer
Phase 3. GBM will provide the skilled staff to Operate, Support and Maintain the SOC as per the customer’s requirements
- Provide Skilled Resources to Comply with the SOC Plan
- Operate the Security Operations Centre
- Maintain the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Compliance
Phase 4. IBM will engage to Mature and Optimize the SOC
- SOC Maturity Assessment
- Technology, Processes, People Optimization
- Transformational Services
- Testing of Best Practices
A unique Value Proposition Delivered by GBM and IBM
A combination of a world leading consulting services from IBM and the best award-winning regional system integration and support capabilities from GBM creates a solution which is unique and cost effective to enterprises.
Key Solution Benefits